You got a favorites list programmed from us at Zip Scanners, but you have become adventurous and want to scan more than just your own county. I'm going to stop you right there, because it will take some configurations in order to fully scan zip codes.
- Make sure your scanner is on
- Press the MENU button to get into Settings
- Scroll to "Set Scan Selection" by turning your Volume Knob, then press down on that same knob to enter that menu.
- Next, scroll to "Select Lists to Monitor" with the same controls as the previous step.
- At the point, you should see a punch of things turned off and on. Just simply turn on "Full Database" and leave everything else off.
- Keep pressing the Menu button to get back to the main scanning screen; which it will cause the device to scan your area and the nationwide database.
- At this point, the device has free reign to scan for anything in your location and the surrounding areas. Press the Zip Services button; which will prompt for "Select Country". Of course you would choose the USA if you live there.
- Now, the device will ask you to enter your zip code.
- Last step is to watch and wait for the device to load up the information of frequencies surrounding!