Did you buy the Uniden GPS kit and want to know how to set it up? Here is a quick video about setting up the GPS. We used an SDS200 as our example.
Here is the link to the device used in the video: SDS200
Below is a more in-depth look into setting up the GPS kit.
- First off, we want to make sure that your device has the freedom of scanning everything. So press the MENU button.
- Scroll to "Set Scan Selection" by turning your Volume Knob, then press down on that same knob to enter that menu.
- Next, scroll to "Select Lists to Monitor" with the same controls as the previous step.
- At the point, you should see a punch of things turned off and on. Leave everything off, but turn "Full Database" on. With Full Database, your device will scan for everything with no restriction; which will be useful when traveling.
- Keep pressing the MENU button until you get to the Settings screen. Scroll down to "Set Your Location" and press down on the Volume Knob to enter it.
- Afterwards, use the process as the last step to enter "Set Up GPS"
- Next step is to enter the "Set Serial Port" and select 9600bps as the Baud Rate scrolling to it by turning the Volume Knob, and pressing down on it for selection; which is the recommend rate for the GPS puck.
- Keep pressing MENU button until you go back to the main scanning screen. Heads up, after you plug the GPS kit to the scanner, it will load up another set of frequencies.
- Now I know that you may be very excited to jump into your car and drive wherever the wind blows, so you can start scanning things automatically, but here is a bonus step. Let's press your MENU button again for Settings, then scroll down and enter the "Select Service Types"
- This selection will allow you to turn off unwanted agencies; which is very convenient while driving because you will not have to pick up the device to press the Avoid button on frequencies that you are not interested in.
- Have fun scanning while driving! Wait, for some reason that does not sound right.
Please sign in to leave a comment.