Did you get a new memory card with programming from Zip Scanners for your TRX-1 (this works for the TRX-2 as well)? You take off that annoying but very protective rubber case of the TRX-1. The battery cover is slid off, so you can swap the memory card on the side. That power button is held down to boot the device, but it is not scanning?
You purchased programming so it should work, right? The answer is yes; it will work, but it requires some navigation.
- If your device is showing things like "By County, By State" By Zip Code", you will have to press the MENU or the left arrow button to enter the Main Menu.
- With Main Menu at the top, you should see selections like "Scan", but we are not going to going to pick that. Instead, keep pressing the down arrow until you see something that says "V-Scanner".
- When you see "V-Scanner", press the right arrow to enter it. Now you should be in a different menu.
- Under the V-Scanner menu, keep pressing the right arrow until you see the folder that we programmed for you. Us at Zip Scanners will typically name a Whistler programmed file with your full first name, the initial of your last name, and then the order number last. When you find that, press the play/pause/Select button to the right of the button that has the arrows.
- If you did the previous step correctly, the device will bring you back to the Main Menu where all you have to do is press the right arrow while it is highlighting Scan!